An excellent and simple coaching too to develop good technique for key rugby skills.
- Players hold onto the balls while competing breakdown, tackling and even high ball catching drills.
- Holding the balls means players cannot use hands to reach and grab. This develops good understanding of pre contact body position and tackling as without hands players must focus on getting a shoulder on in contact.
- Young players in particular learn quickly and soon break bad habits of reaching with arms when tackling and using hands when entering breakdowns.
- For high ball catching players must use a basket catch focusing on position under the ball and tracking to the body.
- Suits all levels but particularly effective for junior players for tackling practice and all breakdown work.
FREE Online Video
FREE eDrill Cards